Heros 21, 48009 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
Less than a 10 minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum, ad hoc Cascanueces consistently delivers one of most memorable dining experiences in Bilbao.
Chef Diego Valdivielso and sommelier Oscar Vila’s customer service and attentiveness is based in the belief that the best wine “is not necessarily the most expensive, but the one that is shared”.
Some of the better known dishes at ad hoc Cascanueces include Japanese pasta with lacquered bacon, octopus and spicy mayonnaise, scorpionfish with wild rice, and red tuna tatami. The dessert known as Postre Bosque Dulce (sweet forest dessert) is smash hit with diners.
ad hoc Cascanueces (Cascanueces = “Nutcracker” in English) is consistently one of the highest rated restaurants in Bilbao.
Travelers will find presentation of all dishes in fluent English when desired.
Photo credit: ad hoc Cascanueces
Dailyint – life in the world’s greatest places. Check out our travel guides on Amazon:
- Bilbao – New: Bilbao 2016 Travel and Experiences Guide
- Munich -New: Munich 2016 Events and Experiences Guide
- Paris: 10 Ways You’ll Be Happier In Paris
- Singapore: 10 Ways You’ll Be Happier In Singapore
- London: 10 Ways You’ll Be Happier In London